JOIN OUR TEAM!
If you have a heart to serve your community, are driven by innovation, and want to be a part of something truly meaningful, then we want to hear from you!
Our team is committed to solving hunger and poverty issues in transformative and sustainable ways.
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) See job description below.
Administrative Assistant- Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The Fresh Start Center is a faith based non-profit organization dedicated to fighting food insecurity at its roots. We go beyond the traditional food bank model to ensure families realize true life transformation. Programs include community farming, food distribution, education, and employment programs. Our mission is to deliver targeted, sustainability programs that address hunger, poverty and joblessness, to build a model for transformative change in individuals, families, and communities.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our growing team of people passionate about changing lives. The position provides support to our Executive Director and other staff, assists in daily office needs, and manages our company’s general administrative activities.
· Answer and direct phone calls
· Organize and schedule appointments
· Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
· Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
· Update and maintain office policies and procedures
· Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
· Maintain contact lists
· Provide general support to visitors
· Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
· Act as the primary contact for persons interested in volunteering
· Provide training, scheduling, and general support to new and existing volunteers
· Work with Executive Director to update social media accounts regularly
· Act as the point person and coordinator for food drives and events
· Assist Executive Director with research and curriculum development for programs
· Be the liaison between churches, businesses, and schools interested in group volunteer projects
· Assist with other duties as needed
· Minimum of a High School degree or GED
· Experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant a plus
· Must be proficient in social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
· Experience using Canva.com for design is a plus
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
· Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
· Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
· Self-starter who takes initiative
· Have a heart to serve people in need
· Highly collaborative
The starting wage for this position is $13 per hour and is scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM -4:30 PM. A typical work week is between 12-20 hours.
The submission deadline is March 8th, 2019
In order to be considered for this position please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Subject Line of email should contain your full name and the position you are applying for.
We will review all applicants on March 8th and schedule interviews for the following week.
To learn more about our organization please visit freshstartcenter.com